The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is designed to promote small business utilization when purchasing information technology (IT) services or IT services-based solutions for the federal government. The 8(a) STARS II program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small business concerns as the prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8.
Key Contract Numbers and Codes | Constellation and Functional Areas | Introduction to 8(a) STARS | Features and Benefits of 8(a) STARS II
Key Contract Numbers and Codes
MBS is a registrant of the System for Award Management (SAM)
DUNS #: 959272030
Cage Code: 3RCC5
GSA STARS II Contract #: GS-06F-0981Z
CIFA1 - NAICS # 541511
CIFA2 - NAICS # 541512
CIFA3 - NAICS # 541513
CIFA4 - NAICS # 541519
Payment Terms: Net 30 days
Contract Manager: Dennise Lumberg, Controller
Phone: (719) 314-3400
Fax: (719) 314-3499
8(a) STARS II website:
8(a) STARS II contract copy:
Constellation and Functional Areas
MBS has been awarded in the following Constellation and Functional Areas:
Constellation 1, Functional Area 1, NAICS # 541511 (CIFA1)
Custom Computer Programming Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer.
Constellation 1, Functional Area 2, NAICS # 541512 (CIFA2)
Computer Systems Design Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies. The hardware and software components of the system may be provided by this establishment or company as part of integrated services or may be provided by third parties or vendors. These establishments often install the system and train and support users of the system.
Constellation 1, Functional Area 3, NAICS # 541513 (CIFA3)
Computer Facilities Management Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing on-site management and operation of clients computer systems and/or data processing facilities. Establishments providing computer systems or data processing facilities support services are included in this industry.
Constellation 1, Functional Area 4, NAICS # 541519 (CIFA4)
Other Computer Related Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing computer related services (except custom programming, systems integration design, and facilities management services). Establishments providing computer disaster recovery services or software installation services are included in this industry.
Introduction to 8(a) STARS II
8(a) STARS II is a multiple-award, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract engineered to provide cutting-edge technology solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses to federal agencies. Using 8(a) STARS II will enable you to access 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional, open market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is centered on four functional areas (FAs), derived from the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS). The contract offers simple to complex IT service solutions such as: IT help desk support, information assurance, cyber-security, virtualization, IPV6, Web 2.0, and more.
The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is structured with two tiers, known as constellations. The constellation design is new to the 8(a) STARS II GWAC, and offers additional features and benefits. Constellation I includes prime contractors who are technically proficient and offer competitive pricing.
Constellation II prime contractors provide the same strengths as Constellation I, plus the added benefit of either a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level II+ Services or Development credential, or an ISO 9001:2000 or 9001:2008 credential.
Prior to issuing orders under 8(a) STARS II, federal contracting officers are required to receive training on the use of the 8(a) STARS II contract and be granted a written delegation of procurement authority from the GSA Small Business GWAC Center. Training is offered at no cost via:
- A self-paced, online course;
- Web or video conferences; and Conference calls.
- Interested individuals can contact the 8(a) STARSII team at S2@gsa.gov.
Features and Benefits of 8(a) STARS II
- $10B program ceiling and five-year base period with one, five-year option
- Directed task orders up to $4M
- Contract types include: fixed price, labor hour, and time and material terms
- Two constellations (tiers)
- Permits other direct costs when it is integral and necessary to the IT effort
- Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small business industry partners
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures based on FAR 16.505
- Complimentary scope compatibility reviews
- Compliance with Section 843 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2008 and Section 863 of NDAA 2009
- Allows for long term planning of large scale program requirements
- Enhanced opportunities for 8(a) firms
- Offers access to a pool of contractors with additional industry credentials
- Offers flexibility of contract types to mitigate risk
- Facilitates integrated IT solutions
- Enables federal clients to earn 8(a) small business credit
- Saves time and money by reducing procurement lead time
- Promotes contract compliance and reduces risk of adverse audits
- FAR 16.505 Fair Opportunity process supports best value awards